Wednesday 2 July 2008

First postings

Got home early in order to make it to the dinner tonight. Thought I would have time to do a bit more work (to compensate for knocking off early) so have just spent about 15 mins on ale. Message from Wilma asking for thoughts about anything confusing, but I feel so panicky about time in general right now that I'm not sure if any confusion is because I am not paying enough attention rather than the system. Seems pretty straightforward, except I've now introduced myself twice and was not sure about the etiquette of starting threads. Perhaps this could be formalised into the instruction for the EBI posting and a 'specimen' one left in there already. It was good that Grant had got there first. Seems to be some opportunity to reflect on learning as well, but again perhaps that needs to be more specifically orchestrated rather than allowed to develop spontaneously. Am getting a bit stalinist in my old age.

Enough now, time to get on with other stuff. aLE motto -- a little and often (well not that often!)

No comments: